Friday, March 9, 2012
I'm Back In The Saddle Again (Gingerly)
"Ouch" and "Oof" are still my two favorite words. I can't seem to shake off the straining that muscles have suffered. Water, rest, light work, stretching, time... getting better, failing. Round and round.
It will come right in the end I know, but meanwhile my curling season has all but been canceled and I haven't found the right time to take a first step back into serious training. Getting antsy. Feeling bad about all the time I'm missing on the bike and miles I'm not doing on the road.
Be proactive!
Be the ball.
Act, don't re-act.
Ok. Done. I signed up for a yoga class. That should do something. Anything is better than just waiting, right?
And I will get a therapeutic massage. Got a tip on someone local who is very good. I've never been a big fan of massages, but it is sounding like just the thing to hopefully work out the kinks I've been coping (unsuccessfully?) with.
In other news: I'm trying really hard to open a bicycle repair shop. Our immediate area really doesn't have one to speak of.. I think it's time we did. I keep waiting for it to appear... it hasn't.
I found a place, I've got a plan, people are excited. Just need to turn the corner and achieve the official word "Go!" and move the tools and the stand inside and unlock the damn door! Heck, the repair jobs are piling up in my garage already!
Never thought I'd run my own shop.
Never say never. Just don't do it, ok?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yoga works wonders...just remember not to over stretch!
ReplyDelete