Monday, April 9, 2012

Find That!



Back in the day, it was a go-kart track.  I never knew it then.  I only stumbled upon it when I was checking out new found trails behind the old high school.  On my mountain bike at the time, it was a bonus to find the old track cleared off and willing to accept me as a time trialist.  Lap after lap I rode, grinning from ear to ear.

I came back with friends. Fools that they were, they did not see the same promise that I saw.  Such is the difference in people;  One sees and the other also sees, but differently.

The last time I visited the sacred place was 15 years ago.  Trees had been dropped across the asphalt.  The land owners had enough of trespassers.  (Was I the cause? Hard to know for sure. Others surly knew of the spot!) 

Yesterday morning the spark was ignited! The quest was made to find the track again and learn of it's condition. A lengthy Bike/Hike ensued and at last I did find the track again.  Fairly cleared off, I did ride a few laps.  The asphalt is very old now.  Thick grass mounds cross it in sections. While stones underneath try to poke through in other spots; making small, deadly volcanoes.

Hope and promise still thrive there... just with a higher price tag, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment