I think the one thing that motivates me most is my memory of a PBS science show in which there was a great point made that humans most resembled pigs in both their biological and habitual profile.
Lumpy, fat, and lazy. But also able to turn it around. The pigs were able to show us that by exercising and eating the right foods they could be more fit and lead a "healthy" lifestyle and live longer, "better" lives. (I put quotes around the word 'better' because these were domestic pigs, bred to be food for humans in the end; unlike a wild pig which I would think would have different motivations cast upon it and therefore might not be so apt to just wallow in the yard all day waiting for the food to arrive...) We humans can do the same. It's a matter of choice.
I love the Big Mac. The folks over there got it right with their test kitchens and their focus groups. It appeals to me visually, aromatically, and tastefully. They go down so nicely! It's what happens to me afterwards that keeps me from feeding on them daily, or even monthly! There is so much sugar and salt in them I feel so hypertensive afterwards, and that's just the immediate effect. For days afterwards I crave them, and if I gave in to that craving I would just be feeling worse and worse at baseline. Not to mention that I would be packing on the pounds very quickly, Making my clothes too tight and my self esteem plummet. So I always keep this in mind when I drive past those Golden Arches. Yes, it tasted good going down, but that's only a small part of the real experience.
More Fruits and Veggies! Less bread. More Water!! I already drink very little soda, perhaps only 6-8 ounces in any given week. But I do drink a fair amount of coffee... a diuretic. Subtle changes over a course of time is the way to make a change that will stick. I'm good at buying the right foods. Time to become better at EATING them!! Fewer sweets, too. Need to work on that one.
Half hour on the rollers. Half hour run. Base work. Weights start next Monday; curls, butterflies, presses. High reps, medium-light weight. No need to bulk up. Just need to tone stuff. Little by little.
c.
No comments:
Post a Comment