Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Monday Was Weight Day

As usual, the title has a double meaning (at least!).

Rode the rollers for 30 minutes; ran for 30 minutes; one circuit of weights with the barbell (which consisted of curls, upright row, and military press behind the neck. It couldn't have been more than 25 pounds, 15 reps each, all from the standing position.)

OK, so that's not much with the weights. But I don't want to be Charlie Atlas!  And I haven't worked with the weights in a while, so I figured it was wiser to make sure I didn't over do it. I'll add more as the weeks roll on, don't worry! I also did 20 push ups, 25 crunches, and 25 leg scissors.

And then came the hardest part... weighing in.  When I did Mt. Washington last year I was some where around 167lbs.  Yesterday...

189.

ouch!

I guess it really was a Big Thanksgiving, a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.  (not to mention Valentine's Day... although I really didn't have much candy for that one)

It is what it is. And now the race before the race can begin. Carrots, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment